To prepare students to teach content courses in grades 6-12 and meet the requirements for Idaho certification
Administrators: History and Political Science and Undergraduate Education Department Chairs
Secondary Program Requirements:
Requirements: 39 credits in professional education and endorsement specific requirements:
- History First Endorsement - 32 credits and selection of a second endorsement
- History Second Endorsement - 23 credits and selection of a first endorsement
Professional Education Core Courses: 39 credits
History First Endorsement
Must select a second endorsement. See chart on Department of Education page.
Required Courses: 32 credits of which 17 shall be numbered above 2999, including two credits in secondary methods.
History Second Endorsement
Must select a first endorsement. See chart on Department of Education page.
Required courses: 23 credits of which eight credits shall be numbered above 2999, including two credits in secondary methods.
Program Certification Requirements:
- Complete all requirements for a baccalaureate degree.
- Complete a subject endorsement area of at least 45 semester credit hours as recommended by the subject department and approved by the Department of Education, or complete a first endorsement of at least 30 semester credit hours and a second endorsement of at least 20 semester credit hours as recommended by the subject departments and approved by the Department of Education.
- Complete requirements of the Educator Preparation Program in effect at the time of admission to Educator Preparation as well as any additional requirements if required by changes in the standards of state regulatory agencies.
- Complete all required education courses in the secondary program with a grade of B- (2.7) or better.
- Complete all required content courses with a grade of C (2.0) or better.
- Maintain a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA.
- Pass the Praxis content test(s) in endorsement area or first and second endorsements.