Degree Requirement Substitution or Exemption

Only the University Registrar may make any course substitutions or exemptions within the General Education Program for degrees. Requests should be made using the Special Academic Petition which can be obtained in the Office of the Registrar or online at

Any substitutions for specific courses required for a particular program fulfilling concentrations, major, or minor requirements may be made only by the administrator or administrators of the program in consultation with the appropriate department chair.