A student who enrolls at Northwest Nazarene University with an Associate of Arts Degree from a regionally accredited institution completed prior to admission will receive:
- Junior standing
- Transfer credit up to a maximum of 62-semester credits from two-year colleges.
- Waiver of all general education requirements, with the following exceptions:
- BIBL1100 or an elective in Biblical literature (BIBL) (3 credits) must be completed with a grade of C- or higher
- THEO2100 Introduction to Christian Theology (3 credits) must be completed with a grade of C- or higher
- KINE1000 Fundamentals of Wellness (1 credit)
(An equivalent transfer course may be substituted for this requirement.)
- Approved Capstone course (1-6 credits). See list of approved courses under General Education requirements.
- Cultural Competency Requirement: Transfer students are required to complete one course with the Cultural Competency (CC) designation.
- Math Proficiency
Note: A two-year transfer degree does not guarantee a bachelor's degree completion within two years. Course prerequisites, course sequencing, and upper-division requirements must also be met. The waiver of degree requirements for transfer students with Associate degrees other than the Associate of Arts (AA) will be determined on a case-by-case basis.