Eligibility to Compete and/or Perform

Undergraduate students who wish to compete and/or perform in intercollegiate and/or University-sponsored athletics, activities, and/or academic courses which require audition and performance must be enrolled for at least 12 credits, be in good academic standing (i.e., not on academic probation), and meet the specific academic standard of the group in which participation is sought.

Students on academic probation may appeal their eligibility to compete and/or perform through written communication to the Academic Progress Commission (APC) using the Special Academic Petition available at the Office of the Registrar. If the Special Academic Petition is approved, students are expected to report planned absences related to participation in University activities to the instructors of their courses within the first week of classes.

The recommended practice for University-activity sponsors is to monitor the academic progress and academic status of students before selecting participants in key roles.