Northwest Nazarene University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), a regional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). In addition, programs in the following departments are accredited by nationally-recognized specialized accrediting boards:
- Business: Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Concurrent Credit: National Alliance Concurrent Enrollment Programs (NACEP).
- Counseling: Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- Education: Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Engineering: Accreditation Board for Engineering Technology (ABET).
- Nursing: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Social Work: Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Graduate School of Theology: Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS)