Undergraduate Degree Requirements
The College of Arts and Sciences at Northwest Nazarene University offers three degrees, the Bachelor of Arts, the Bachelor of Science, and the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Majors are offered in 40 fields of study. To qualify for a bachelor's degree at NNU, the student must satisfy the seven (7) requirements described below. Faculty and staff members at the University advise students concerning progress toward graduation. However, the student is responsible for meeting all graduation requirements.
In order for a student to graduate under the requirements of the catalog in use at the time he/she matriculated, the student must complete a bachelor's degree within seven (7) years. Otherwise, the student must use the most recent catalog.
- Total Credits. The student must complete a minimum of 124 semester credits.
- Upper-Division Credits. The student must complete at least 32 semester credits in courses numbered above 2999.
- Quality of Grades. All grades must average C (2.000) or better. A grade of C- (1.700) or better must be earned in all courses which apply toward the major. Some majors have higher GPA requirements. See individual program descriptions for details.
- Residence. Each student must spend a minimum of one year, full-time standing, in residence. If only one year is spent at NNU, it must be the senior year and must include a minimum of eight semester credits in the major.
- General Education Program. The student must complete the General Education Program as described below.
- Major Field of Study. The student must complete the requirements for one major or two co-majors.
- Application for Graduation. Candidates for a degree must submit an application for graduation one semester prior to the intended graduation date.