Eligibility to Compete and/or Perform

Students who wish to compete and/or perform in intercollegiate and/or University-sponsored activities and/or academic courses which require audition and performance must be enrolled for at least 12 credits, be in good academic standing (i.e., not on academic probation), and meet the specific academic standard of the group in which participation is sought.

Students on academic probation may appeal their eligibility to compete and/or perform through written communication to the Academic Progress Commission (APC) using the Special Academic Petition available at the Registrar's Office.

If the Special Academic Petition is approved, students are expected to report planned absences to the instructors of the courses due to participation within the first week of classes.

The recommended practice for University-activity sponsors is to monitor the academic progress and academic status of students before selecting participants in key roles.