Program Mission and Outcomes - Leadership and Education
The Department of Nursing subscribes to the university core values - Transformation, Truth, Community, and Service which are integrated into each individual course.
By completing the Master of Science in Nursing, graduates will:
• Model ethical behavior, demonstrate integrity and honesty in the role of leader and educator.
• Demonstrate scholarly activity in research, evidence based practice and adapting theoretical frameworks to clinical practice.
• Assume clinical and/or educational leadership in diverse healthcare settings.
• Advocate for diverse populations and demonstrate social responsibility in healthcare delivery.
• Understand the foundations of care and the art and science of the nursing profession and practice as it relates to self, individuals, families and clinical populations across the lifespan.