Application Process for all MSN Leadership and Education applicants:
- Submit online MSN application with a nonrefundable $50 application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from the college or university where nursing degree was granted and all institutions from where applicant seeks to transfer credit(s).
- Provide evidence of current RN licensure.
- Provide a Personal Goal Statement:
The Admissions committee will evaluate the goal statement for content and writing ability (grammar, spelling, word use). A significant amount of communication in an online program is written, and writing skills are essential. The goal statement gives you the opportunity to tell the admission committee about yourself. In a 250-300 word essay, please address the following:
Brief background of your nursing career.
What is motivating you to attend NNU and why now?
Explain why this program is the best fit for you?
What do you ultimately want to do with your degree?
- Complete a telephone interview with the program director.
- If English is not the applicant's native language, see "International Students" in the Admission and Financial Aid section of this catalog.
Additional Requirement for the Associate Degree prepared Nurse:In addition to the process above:
- The associate degree nurse will meet with the program coordinator to develop a plan of study to meet the liberal arts and baccalaureate academic content.