Admission Requirements for the MSN FNP
Admission to the Master of Science in Nursing Family Nurse Practitioner program at Northwest Nazarene University is highly competitive and based on evaluation of all portions of the application. In addition to meeting the requirements of the University as described in the College of Adult and Graduate Studies Catalog, students must meet the requirements specified below.
Requirements for the Associate Degree RN to MSN FNP Bridge Program:
- All associate degree nurses must first apply for admission to the RN to BSN program to complete the general education prerequisites and required baccalaureate nursing content. Please see admission requirements and prerequisites for the RN to BSN program here. ·
- A minimum grade of “B” (3.0) must be obtained in the prerequisite baccalaureate content nursing courses (NURS4100, NURS4113, NURS4114) for consideration of acceptance into the MSN FNP program.
- After successful completion of the undergraduate prerequisites and baccalaureate content the associate degree nurse may then continue in the RN to BSN program or apply to the MSN FNP program by May 15th.
- One year of clinical practice as a registered nurse required, two years of clinical practice preferred.
- Provide a personal goal statement
- Submit three academic and/or professional recommendations (ex: supervisor, colleague, professor) to be completed online.
- A minimum grade-point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) for all nursing courses completed.
- Successfully complete (minimum grade of “C”) an undergraduate or graduate statistics course.