- Completion of the General Education Classes
- Sufficient Algebra and English scores on the ACT, or SAT, or equivalent test.
- Documentation showing the student has passed the Writing and Algebra portions of these tests as required. Any of these tests will meet the requirement. The required scores are below.
Minimum English Score Minimum Mathematics Score ACT 21 21 SAT 544
- If you have not taken these tests or are unable to provide documentation of a passing score, contact the NNU Center for Academic Success and Advising to schedule a time to take the Accuplacer tests or the equivalent. There are study guides available online.
- Completion of the PRAXIS Elementary Education Content Knowledge Multiple Subjects, test#5001.
- This test needs to be taken prior to starting the Adult and Professional Program in Education. For more information and registration information go to www.ets.org/praxis
- In addition to the items listed above, the following are factors in determining acceptance into the program.
- Checkpoint One Interview
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Grade of B- or better in all education and liberal arts core courses
- Grade of C or better in all middle school content and endorsement area courses
- Writing sample
- Field experience reports
- Disposition assessments
The Adult and Professional Program in Education will not admit candidates to the teacher preparation program that have previously been denied an Institutional Recommendation (IR) for teacher certification or candidates that have completed a student teaching/internship experience and received a grade which resulted in not obtaining an Institutional Recommendation from that institution.