The mission of the NNU Counseling program is to prepare competent, compassionate, and spiritually grounded counselors to assist members of our diverse society as they face developmental transitions, life challenges, and mental health issues in non-metropolitan clinical mental health, marriage and family, and school settings.
- The Counselor Education Department seeks to educate academically prepared counselors.
- The Counselor Education Department aims to produce counselors who establish and maintain a strong connection to the profession.
- The Counselor Education Department aims to prepare skilled and relationally competent practitioners.
- The Counselor Education Department intends to produce multiculturally competent and socially minded practitioners.
- The Counselor Education Department aspires to prepare dispositionally appropriate counselors who are a good fit for the profession.