Transfer Of Credits
Northwest Nazarene University accepts the following transfer credits:
- University-level credits earned in academic degree programs at colleges and universities accredited by regional accrediting associations
- Credits earned at Bible Colleges accredited by the Association of Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) are accepted at the lower division level
- Military credit according to ACE recommendations
- Credits earned at an international college or university that have been evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org)
- Credits earned at non-regionally accredited colleges and universities which are accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) are granted on a case by case basis through the Special Academic Petition process
The following policies apply to the acceptance of transfer credits by Northwest Nazarene University:
- Credits must be presented on an official transcript from the institution granting the credit
- Credits are not accepted in which a grade lower than C- (1.70) was received
- Remedial and developmental level courses are not accepted
- Credits earned in vocational or technical programs are not generally accepted
- A transfer student's classification is based on the total number of credits accepted
- A maximum of 62 semester credits may be transferred from two-year colleges toward a bachelor's degree
- The cumulative grade point average is based only on grades received at Northwest Nazarene University
Questions regarding the transfer of credit should be directed to the Office of the Registrar.
Transfer of Associate of Arts Degree
A student who enrolls at Northwest Nazarene University with an Associate of Arts Degree completed prior to admission will receive:
- Junior standing
- Transfer credit up to a maximum of 62 semester credits
- Waiver of all general education requirements, with the following exceptions:
- THEO2105 Introduction to Christian Theology (3 credits)
- BIBL1105 or an elective in Bible Literature (3 credits)
- KINE1005 Fundamentals of Wellness (1 credit)
(An equivalent transfer course may be substituted for this requirement)
- HUMN4015 Capstone (1 credit) or major specific Capstone course (see list in General Education requirements)
- Cross Cultural Requirement
- Math Proficiency
- All students defined as freshmen by IPEDS must complete the Cornerstone course. This includes all students who have graduated from high school the year prior to enrollment at NNU, regardless of the number of college credits or degrees earned while in high school.
Students with an Associate of Science degree from a regionally accredited institution may file a petition with the Registrar for consideration of acceptance of the degree.
Note: A two-year Transfer Degree does not guarantee bachelor degree completion within two years. Course prerequisites, course sequencing, and upper division requirements must also be met.
Transfer students are encouraged to contact the Registrar's Office to determine applicability of their coursework to a specific bachelor's degree. A complete transcript evaluation is available by sending the request with an official copy of the university transcripts to: Registrar's Office, Northwest Nazarene University, 623 S University Blvd, Nampa, ID 83686.
The minimum number of credits required to complete a degree is 124 semester credits of which 32 must be upper-division (courses numbered 3000 and above).